Galatians 5: 16 – 18 & 22 – 25
John 16: 19-24
Luke 3: 1-18
Revelation 21: 1-7 & 9-14
John 14: 1-7
SEVEN QUESTIONS: 26 November – 2 December
READ REVELATION 1:4-8
- What is it about Jesus that means the most to you?
- What are the key things about God that Jesus reveals to us as a faithful witness [v5]?
- What does the resurrection of Jesus mean to you personally [v5]?
- Do you find it easy to believe and accept that you are loved by Jesus [v5]?
- How do you experience the freedom from sin mentioned in v5?
- What does it mean to you that Jesus has made us ‘priests’ [v6]?
- How does the fact that Jesus ‘is coming with the clouds’ [v7] affect your daily living?
PRAYER FOR SOUTH AFRICA: 26 November – 2 December
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light”
1 Peter 2 vrs 9
Pray against all forms of crime. Pray for Society to embrace a new value and respect for one another, regardless of circumstances
- Pray for government to make a renewed effort to assist and support, entrepreneurs, especially the youth in townships and areas where there is a lack of infrastructure.
- Pray for protection for children, especially all those kids that are not at school for the end of term, that may be left unsupervised.
- Pray for taxi commuters, for safety, and pray against taxi crime.
- Pray for all South African Churches, for God’s direction in our current times, to steer our country in the direction God wants South Africa to go.
You’re invited to a special screening of André Rieu’s concert – Home For Christmas – on Wednesday 28 November in the hall. Tea/coffee and mince pies will be served at 9:30am, followed by the DVD at 10am.
Bring your friends and family to enjoy this festive morning. Donations appreciated. Funds raised on the day will go towards the “Clean House” renovations project at HMC.
In a few short verses Paul challenges believers to consider how much their prayer life, actions and conversations are in line with the Christian commitment to share the good news with others.
Read Colossians 4: 2-6.
- What immediately stands out for you? Does anything in this passage particularly confuse you, encourage you or convict you?
- How would you describe your prayer life? E.g. intense, lukewarm, sporadic, frustrating, difficult …?
- How confident are you that God listens when you pray?
- What is the mystery of Christ? How would you explain it to somebody who is not a believer?
- Paul is in prison, yet his concern is primarily that the gospel of Christ be declared. How concerned are you that the mystery of Christ be proclaimed to those in need of Him? How are you able to do this?
- “Live wisely among those who are not believers” – verse 5, discuss what this means to you.