“From one person God made all nations who live on earth, and he decided when and where every nation would be. God has done all this, so that we will look for him and reach out and find him. He isn’t far from any of us, and he gives us the power to live, to move and to be who we are…..”Acts 17 26 – 28
This week’s prayers –
• Pray against Racism
• Pray for the state of our prisons, pray against overcrowding and a solution to the crises
• Pray for our youth, for training needs and unemployment
• Continue to pray for God to shine his Light on all corruption and for action to be taken for the removal of these people from government and the civil service
• Pray for all Christians in South Africa to pray for healing in our land (especially with the Its Time on 27 October in mind)
Join us this Wednesday morning, 17 October, at 10am in the hall for a presentation by Ruth Sanderson, where you will learn more about the stages, signs and symptoms of Dementia (including Alzheimer’s), as well as coping skills and management. Tea and eats will be served after the talk. ALL WELCOME.
“He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honour depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge
Trust in Him at all times O people, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge”
Psalm 62 vrs 6-8
This week’s prayers –
• Pray for a cleaner country, litter awareness and a conscious effort to tidy our streets
• Pray against witch doctors, the evil that rules them and the horrific deeds they do to obtain “mooty”
• Pray for our railways, trains, commuters – for improvement in services and passenger safety
• Pray for our courts and police – for efficiency in both cases to solve crimes and conclude cases
SEVEN QUESTIONS: 8 – 14 October
TRUST IN GOD
1. Share an experience when you have trusted God and found Him to be faithful.
2. What, in your experience, has been a great challenge to your faith in God?
3. In Mark 10:13-16 what are the qualities of a child that you think Jesus was commending?
4. What are some of the things that you need to trust God for the most?
5. Can you think of some of the things which really strengthen and encourage your faith?
6. Hebrews 11:6 says, ‘Without faith it is impossible to please God’. What is it about faith that is so pleasing God?
7. How can you exercise your faith more at the moment so that it gets stronger every day?
We’re in for an absolute treat this Saturday morning, it’s the WA’s Tea Garden & Bazaar. There will be beautiful handcrafted products on sale and delicious tea and homemade cake to enjoy. ALL WELCOME!
Have you signed up to be an Invited Guest to enjoy lunch in someone’s home at a Bring ‘n Share lunch on Sunday 21 October?
If so, please sign up again or notify the office because unfortunately our list of attendees was misplaced in the church on Sunday.
Live as People of light –
You used to be like people living in the dark, but now you are people of the light because you belong to the Lord. So act like people of the light and make your light shine. Be good and honest and truthful, as you try to please the Lord. Don’t take part in doing those worthless things that are done in the dark. Instead, show how wrong they are. It is disgusting even to talk about what is done in the dark. But the light will show what these things are really like..
Light shows up everything, just as the scriptures say
“wake up from your sleep and arise from death. Then Christ will shine on you”
Ephesians 5 vrs 8 – 14
This week’s prayers –
• Pray for victims of rape in South Africa, for healing and forgiveness. Pray they will receive help in order to walk the long road to wholeness again.
• Pray for all government workers, especially at home affairs, the health department and the Police. Pray for work ethic to be restored, for caring and kindness to return across all departments.
• Pray for God to continue to shine his light onto past corruption, as well as current corruption. Pray that it will all come out into the open for all South African people to hear about, know about and want to prevent in the future, and for consequences for those corrupt people
• Pray for our Church leaders, to lead our nation back to God in a miraculous way, pray for revival in our Churches
UNLOCKING THE OLD TESTAMENT: Understanding how God works with and through His people in the Old Testament.
Just a reminder that Reverend Peter Crundwell’s new course starts on Tuesday 2 October, 17:30 to 18:30 in the hall.