Live music, lovely food and lots of festive cheer is lined up for this year’s Friendship Club Christmas Party this Friday 30 November. If you have attended Friendship Club this year then be sure not to miss this special event.
SEVEN QUESTIONS: 26 November – 2 December
READ REVELATION 1:4-8
- What is it about Jesus that means the most to you?
- What are the key things about God that Jesus reveals to us as a faithful witness [v5]?
- What does the resurrection of Jesus mean to you personally [v5]?
- Do you find it easy to believe and accept that you are loved by Jesus [v5]?
- How do you experience the freedom from sin mentioned in v5?
- What does it mean to you that Jesus has made us ‘priests’ [v6]?
- How does the fact that Jesus ‘is coming with the clouds’ [v7] affect your daily living?
PRAYER FOR SOUTH AFRICA: 26 November – 2 December
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light”
1 Peter 2 vrs 9
Pray against all forms of crime. Pray for Society to embrace a new value and respect for one another, regardless of circumstances
- Pray for government to make a renewed effort to assist and support, entrepreneurs, especially the youth in townships and areas where there is a lack of infrastructure.
- Pray for protection for children, especially all those kids that are not at school for the end of term, that may be left unsupervised.
- Pray for taxi commuters, for safety, and pray against taxi crime.
- Pray for all South African Churches, for God’s direction in our current times, to steer our country in the direction God wants South Africa to go.
You’re invited to a special screening of André Rieu’s concert – Home For Christmas – on Wednesday 28 November in the hall. Tea/coffee and mince pies will be served at 9:30am, followed by the DVD at 10am.
Bring your friends and family to enjoy this festive morning. Donations appreciated. Funds raised on the day will go towards the “Clean House” renovations project at HMC.
Questions based on Merle Vollebregt’s Sermon on Angels.
Go through the following verses and discuss your personal “angel” stories” or discuss any change in attitude considering what the bible says about angels.
We receive protection from angels. Matthew 26: 53
Angels provide encouragement Matthew 18:10
Angels provide guidance from God Genesis 18
Angels are mostly God’s messengers. Acts 27:13-26
Agents of Judgement in the O.T. 2 Samuel 24:15,16
Angels have power and strength: Exodus 14
We are higher than the angels: Psalm 8:5
Angels should not replace God: Exodus 20:3-5
Never worship an Angel : Colossians 2:18
Angels sometimes take human form: 2 Chronicles 32:21
Discuss the following general questions regarding faith and the church.
- God is love, all knowing and all powerful – discuss experiences that cement this statement. Are you content to follow Him one day at a time or are you fearful of the future?
- Do you know someone who is “stuck” in their grief, or brokenness, or circumstances? Discuss ways one could help this person move forward. Is there something in your personal life you are struggling to hand over to God? Spend time in twos in prayer over this.
- Discuss how best to encourage congregation members to volunteer their time and gifts for church service. Work done by a few results in burn out and discouragement. How can this be avoided?
- Do you believe God respects everyone? Think of some of the interactions Jesus had with characters in the bible. Did He encourage transformation or did he shun the sinners? Teachers are experiencing aggression and violence. There is a video on Facebook that shows a tattooed teacher being abused by a pupil. One comment implies that anyone looking like that does not deserve respect? Do you agree or disagree? What other prejudices are lurking in you?
- At the end of the service we say the benediction – The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the Communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen” Do we mean it when we say the benediction or has it become a habit? Do you invite the Holy Spirit to be with you when you pray? When you read the bible? What does the Holy Spirit look like? Read 2 Corinthians 3:17, 18. Is the Holy Spirit your constant companion?