Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.
3 He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:1-3 (NLT)
Many unsettling occurrences in world affairs dismay us. Please help to keep us grounded Lord as we pray about these issues and trust Your hand on them.
Please pray for:
• In the issues on land reform may the decisions made by those in authority be responsible and fair. May those who are impatient for change to take place learn patience as the enormity of the problem is unravelled and dealt with. Thank you Father that I have You with us in the midst of changes and transitions.
• The police and traffic officers as they handle the protests in Cato Ridge. Please keep the public and the officers safe. May the issues be speedily resolved so that there is a win–win scenario. Lord thank you for Your grace and the ability to keep our bearings on you when the going gets tough.
• Please be with the Uber drivers who are being attacked by those who believe they are being side-lined in the race for transporting commuters. Please help us to change our world through Love.
• Children are important to You Lord – racism seems to still be an issue in schools – so we ask Father that Your designs for everyone will come to fruition and that our diversity will be embraced and fear put on the back burner.
• Globally less than 20% of teens get enough exercise – Father please encourage parents to invest wisely in the lives of their off spring so that parents/ caregivers responsibly ensure that all their needs are met. May they be role models for their children in every area of their lives.
• We pray now for the endeavours of the Durban Mayor as she tackles customer service. Thank you Lord, for responsible leaders working tirelessly to improve our country. Bless those who are not corrupt or lazy or ineffectual.
• Please pray for those in Somali hit by a tropical cyclone. Please be with those who are homeless or in a precarious situation of health. Lord grace us with a vision of the world that You and we can create together. Help us to appreciate all resources and to cut away anything that isn’t part of Your hopes and aspirations for us.