(Seven Questions HMC study for the week of 6th – 12th November 2017)
ICE BREAKER: Share a time in your life when you weren’t ready or prepared for something.
How did that turn out?
FOCUS SCRIPTURE PASSAGE/S: Matthew 25:1-13; 1 Thess. 4:13-18
- READ: Matthew 25:1-13. This passage calls us to a state of readiness. Where do you see yourself in this story?
- What do you think it means to take responsibility for your own spiritual journey and readiness (joining the procession)?
- READ: 1 Thess. 4:13-18. What does this passage say to us about turning tragedy into triumph; poverty to riches; pain to glory and defeat to victory?
- What does this passage say about our role as believers, particularly when others experience loss?
- READ: Joshua 24:1-3a; 14-25. Joshua calls the tribes of Israel and proclaims a message from God to them. He asks whom they and their households will serve, and they covenant together to serve the Lord. This passage is about choices… talk is cheap. How do you make choices?
- What, if anything, gets in the way of you worshiping God in spirit and truth? Is there anything that needs to change?
- In what small ways can you demonstrate holiness that will influence your family, your colleagues, your friends and others to follow Christ?
NOTE: Prayers for SA & the World are posted on the website. Please encourage your group to
pray together about these issues and during their personal devotional time in the week.