PRAYER FOR SOUTH AFRICA AND OUR WORLD: 4 – 10 DECEMBER 2017
Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
To be glad of Life
Because it gives you the chance
To love and to work and to play
And to look up at the stars,
To think every day of Christ…
These are little guideposts
On the footpath to peace.
Henry van Dyke
Matthew 16:26: What good will it be for man if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul?
Let us be wary of present desires to be wealthy or famous or popular or successful to the point where we “forfeit our souls”. May our spiritual lives lead to a vibrant, abundant life.
Please pray this week for:
- Traffic officers who need to exercise good control during this busy season yet remain honest and safe. Pray for travelling mercies for all people on the roads. Pray that alcohol consumption will not affect anyone adversely or ruin lives.
- Safety of those shopping in malls (crowds and otherwise), especially during the build up to Christmas. For restraint in spending at times like Black Friday and Christmas
- Water is imperative for the well-being of everyone. It’s a basic human right. Privatization could result in it becoming an expensive commodity and not accessible to all. The water problem is part of a bigger problem of unresolved issues, failing infrastructures, mismanagement and inadequate public services. Pray for solutions.
- Pray for the future of Zimbabwe
- Pray for those in Bali – there are volcano alerts
- Pray for the changes in our church
- Continue to pray for solutions to corruption and fraud
“Surprising God, slow us down and open us up to receive the peace that is Your love for us in Christ Jesus.”