PRAYER FOR SOUTH AFRICA AND OUR WORLD: 11 – 17 DECEMBER 2017
Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Are you perhaps filled with doubt at the moment or does it seem that your problems are insurmountable – wondering whether God has forsaken our country – there are times it would seem that darkness has the upper hand! Not so – the more faith we have the better results we will see; in our lives and in our country.
Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.
See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.
The above verse reminds us that God will never forsake our country or us. This poignant picture of a mother loving her new-born is exactly how much God cares for His own. He has even inscribed us on the palms of His hand. This fills me with great confidence and I hope it bolsters your faith to the utmost.
- That the cost of petrol will not continue to rise.
- For the success of all clean- up operations in cities and especially on the beaches.
- That the choices made by the ANC for their preferred candidate to succeed President Zuma will be made for the good of the country and not for the good of the individuals defending their power.
- That municipalities will be efficiently run and that individuals with the correct skills will be employed to ensure good governance.
- For more rain so that the dam levels increase.
- For a non-violent society.
- For the protection of women, children and the aged.
Luke 12:6-7 (NIV)
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.