Prayer for our country and the world
Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Lord in Your mercy – we pray for SANITY for everyone in this country and in the world.
May we be a reflection of Your light before we run around expecting everyone else to be.
Deuteronomy 33:37: ‘The God of old is still your refuge. This God has everlasting arms that can drive out the enemy before you”. What is our enemy? : Perhaps it is rivalry, personal bondages, pettiness, greed, apathy, laziness, judgement, sin, lack of faith, ignorance, egotism, arrogance, chauvinism, hate. Restore in us the ability to be truly transformed and healed from these traits.
Please pray for:
- Genuine change from President Zuma. Pray for righteousness to replace brokenness.
- Text books to be available to all students as quickly as possible.
- The water crisis in the country – especially in the Cape.
- Pray that the investigation into the state capture scenario results in justice being served.
- Pray that all drug busts will result in fewer drugs being available on the street.
- Pray that the funeral parlour crisis will be averted.
- Pray for a speedy end to the Syrian war.
- Continued and successful reform in Zimbabwe
- That equatorial Guinea will ensure that human rights will never be violated – that human rights and especially the rights of women and children everywhere will never be violated.
1 Thessalonians 5:23: “May the God of peace make you ( and our country )whole and holy, may you (and our country) be kept safe in body, heart, and mind, and thus ready for the presence. God has called you and will not fail you.”