(Seven Questions HMC study for the week of 29 January to 4th February 2018)
ICE BREAKER: Share your favourite bible verse or inspirational quote with the group and why it holds such significance for you.
FOCUS SCRIPTURE PASSAGE/S: Psalm 147:1-11; Isaiah 40:21-31; 1 Cor. 9:16-23; Mark 1:29-39
- READ: Psalm 147:1-11 together – it’s a beautiful ‘song’ of praise. What phrase or verse captures your attention? Share with your group.
- READ: Isaiah 40:21-31 slowly. Again what phrase or verse captures your attention? Are you finding a common theme? Share with your group.
- In reference to verse 31, my NLT commentary reads: “Trusting in the Lord is the patient expectation that God will fulfil his promises in his Word and strengthen us to rise above life’s difficulties.” I believe this calls us to believe that we can relax, confident that God’s purposes for us are right. Would you agree or disagree with this statement and why?
- READ: Mark 1:29-34. In Mark’s Gospel Jesus helps the women up, in Matthew he takes her hand and in Luke Jesus spoke to the fever. So often we all witness the same event/experience but each recall different details of the story. How can we help each other when we share different perspectives? How can it strengthen our faith and relationship with our Lord?
- Look at verse 34 again. What considering Jesus Messiahship and power, why do you think Jesus didn’t want the demons to reveal who he was?
- READ: Mark 1:35-39. With so much ministry and healing to be done how would you have responded if you’d found Jesus praying?
- How does drawing aside in solitude and prayer prepare you for living out each day and for specific ministry tasks as you fulfil God’s call to that task/ministry?
NOTE: Prayers for SA & the World are posted on the website. Please encourage your group to pray together about these issues and during their personal devotional time in the week.