(Seven Questions HMC study for the week of 5th – 11th February 2018)
ICE BREAKER: Share an experience of an “Ah Hah” moment. What did that means to you and how did it change you or your understanding of something?
FOCUS SCRIPTURE PASSAGE/S: 2 Kings 2:1-12; Psalm 50:1-6; 2 Cor. 4:3-6; Mark 9:2-9
- READ: 2 Kings 2:1-12. This is the story of Elijah being taken into heaven and the passing of baton onto Elisha. What do you think could have been the motivation for Elisha’s requests?
- READ: Ps 50:1-6. An interesting passage. What are your immediate thoughts when you read this passage? Share with your group.
- READ: 2 Cor. 4:3-6. Paul writes that the Good News is revealed to all people, except those who refuse to believe. He goes on to say that Satan’s mission is to deceive and blind the minds of those who don’t believe. What kinds of things do you think Satan uses to blind people to the light of the Good News of Christ?
- The focus of Paul’s preaching (witness) was Christ and not himself. In what ways are you introducing others to Christ?
- If you read verse 7 Paul says that our power comes from God not from ourselves. Christ’s light shines in our hearts and we experience the glory of God that is seen in the face of Christ. How have you experienced the power of Christ to help you glorify to God’s goodness and faithfulness towards you?
- READ: Mark 9:2-9. The Transfiguration of Jesus is a revelation of Christ’s glory and purity. God’s voice affirms that Jesus is exulted above Elijah and Moses as the long awaited Messiah, and his authority and power. What do you think of this explanation?
- Scripture is our voice of authority – it tells the love story of God’s redemption towards all of creation. In what ways do your evaluate various forms of authority especially in light of God’s revelation of Christ to us?
NOTE: Prayers for SA & the World are posted on the website. Please encourage your group to pray together about these issues and during their personal devotional time in the week.