Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2 (NIV)
This is quite a fitting Psalm to reflect on at the beginning of Lent, as we come to pray for community and nation.
Pray especially this week for the ongoing political struggles within our Parliament and Government, especially
- Pray for a peaceful resolution in the Presidential scenario
- Pray for a smooth transition of leadership for the benefit of all who call South Africa home
- Pray for the Godly values and moral to be the cornerstone of our nation.
Pray for the Rain for the Western Cape and regions in the Eastern Cape
- For people to take the drought seriously and be discerning in how they respond to the situation and call to prayer.
- For communities to work together to find solutions both long and short term.
“I will praise your Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvellous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.”
Psalm 9:1-2 (NLT)