Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Prayer for our country and the world
When David dedicated his great house of cedar – he prayed the following: “ I will extol You oh Lord- for You have lifted me up”. Psalm 30. In this house David had a retreat where he could feel safe, secure, rested and rejuvenated. In everyday life, particularly if one is underprivileged, one suffers many indignities. There is no retreat from the harshness of life – no safe place to run to. Let us pray today that everyone can turn to God for their House of Cedar – their rest and healing. Reverend Crundwell gave us all a very visual sermon on how ‘garbage” – greed, lust, corruption, envy etc. permeates the world – but Jesus has taken all of this and nailed to the cross, has released us from all of this – so why do we worry? When the storms come – God is our firm foundation, our House of Cedar.
Please pray for:
- The fact that there is nepotism in awarding teaching posts as well as kickbacks. Posts are being lucratively “sold” to the highest bidder regardless of their qualification.
- Leaders who claim to be “men of god” but who in fact preach and teach a false and highly alarming doctrine.
- The ongoing strike at DUT which is affecting the lives of those who genuinely want to study.
- The new ANC leader and the new cabinet who hopefully transition to responsibly governing our country – rather than bolstering the reputation of a party.
- Overcrowded classrooms
- The land issue – leave it in the hands of the Lord.
- Illegal haulage
- Inclement bad weather overseas.
Lord we cry out to You now to restore- restore morality, love, compassion, empathy and justice in our society. Please straighten out the broken areas of our lives and the lives of others. Please break the strongholds in our lives and those strongholds that are choking our country.
James 1:5: “If any of you lack wisdom; let him ask of God who gives liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”