Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Prayer for our country and the world
1Righteous are You, O Lord, that I would plead my case with You;
Indeed I would discuss matters of justice with You:
Why has the way of the wicked prospered?
Why are all those who deal in treachery at ease?
4How long is the land to mourn
And the vegetation of the countryside to wither?
For the wickedness of those who dwell in it,
Animals and birds have been snatched away,
Because men have said, “He will not see our latter ending.”
5“If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out,
Then how can you compete with horses?
If you fall down in a land of peace,
How will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?
We, like Jeremiah, sometimes question God and are very concerned about why the wicked prosper, why there has been no rain, and why those who are greedy and corrupt seem to get away with it.
We can ask God questions in our prayers and we can even be dismayed – However let us not give into hysteria- let us rather continue to TRUST HIM for He is good. God does care for our well-being and our future. We can do our bit by faithfully praying and by transforming ourselves into fair, just, compassionate people. Please continue to pray for:
- Family units – for mothers who have children to be given the wherewithal to handle the responsibility. For fathers to provide for their children and create a safe environment for them.
- Restored relationships with God
- For young adults to honour their elders and respect their wisdom.
- For teenagers to not act out or behave dismally as they explore their independence and experiment with their new world. May they do so with mature attitudes and an awareness of the needs of others.
- For fair and corrupt free elections that will take place later this year.
- For the listeriosis outbreak; the food-borne disease which has claimed 180 lives since January last year. For proper justice to be achieved without a self-serving attitude to “get rich” at the expense of others.
- Politicians who rule the country.
- That sea fishing will be responsibly managed by those in authority.
- For the possible havoc that might occur if “overtime “is cut for traffic officers.
- Racism is still rife in schools.
- For a reduction in drug abuse, as well as alcohol abuse.
- We pray for the Northern Hemisphere countries that are still experiencing the unrelenting cold and snow.
- Restraint for Global Leaders, especially their actions and responses to ‘hot’ issues on the political front that causes so many tensions around the world.
- The ongoing Syrian war and refugee crisis, especially in regards to children.
Malachi 4:2: “Honour the Lord and devote yourself to Him. Receive his Promise that the son of Righteousness will arise over you with healing in His wings.”