(Seven Questions HMC study for the week of 9 – 15th April 2018)
ICE BREAKER: What does it mean to be a new creation?
FOCUS SCRIPTURE PASSAGE/S: Psalm 24:1-2 and Colossians 1:15-20
- READ: Psalm 24:1-2. In view of these words – What do you make of the statement “God is not a Methodist or confined to a church. God made…?”
- This is a worship Psalm, a celebratory Psalm. The earth is the Lord’s – Our creator God. God is deeply moved and involved in ALL of life. We share in the divine pattern – what is our (your) concern in ALL of life?
- READ: Colossians 1:15-20. Discuss these statement in verse 15 – “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.”
- All of life includes all created things or works of creation. If we look at beautiful architecture, uplifting music, a scientific discovery, medical research, great literature, digital technology, interesting artworks and so on… what does this say to you about our creator God?
- God is not only the creator of the world but also the sustainer. In Christ everything is held together, protected and prevented from disintegrating into chaos. How can we emulate this in our Christian faith to build a stronger society?
- Can you think of good Christian examples of people who have been concerned for ALL of life and actively engaged in the life of this world?
- Gordon Cosby wrote, “We need to be on the edge of our seats waiting and ready to be at work with God.” In John 5:17 Jesus said, “My Father is always working and so am I.” What is your response?
NOTE: Prayers for SA & the World are posted on the website. Please encourage your group to pray together about these issues and during their personal devotional time in the week.