“So then, if anyone is in Christ, that person is part of the new creation. The old things have gone away, and look, new things have arrived!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
It’s true we live in a world wracked by every kind of discord, but we serve a Great God of Peace. Jesus has shown us how to live as witnesses to God’s way, of living as new creations. We ask Jesus to help us in our prayers as we seek God’s face and trust in the inspiration of the Holy Spirt to guide the words we pray to bring reconciliation where there is division and to act creatively to bring about change.
Please pray for:
- God to raise us nation builders, even in us, that will seek to build rather than tear down. Especially for President Ramaphosa and those in places of leadership.
- For politicians to speak wisely and honestly and with integrity – it’s not just about gaining votes for upcoming elections. There are real people, with real issues who need hope and assistance.
- Continue to pray for rain in the Cape – for the drought to break, and careful use of what water is available.
- Pray for our economy, for a willingness amongst business owners to train interns and pass on skills to others. For FET and skills training centres to be viable so that people learn skills and develop their own businesses.
- For the scourge of HIV/AIDS – for education in prevention and treatment available, so that no life is lost unnecessarily.
- That the Church will live into her purpose of extending love, faith and hope and not be a comfortable religious club.
- Those living in oppression and slavery. We think especially of those caught up in human trafficking. Pray that people will not get caught up in this trap because of the promise of work or living a high life.
- For those whose potential is lost due to substance abuse, especially children who may be exposed to this by parents or caregivers.
Let our refrain be like that of Joshua’s, “As for me and my household we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15) – May our lives reflect the beauty of the Lord so that others will also see the Light of salvation.