Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Ephesians 3:16: “I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being.”
The Lord’s Kingdom is His spiritual reign in the life of the believer. May our spiritual growth increase daily in maturity, obedience, be rooted in love, faithfulness and trust. Please do not spend time and energy in fear, worry and negativity. PRAY; BELIEVE; RECEIVE. God recycles evil into righteousness. Joseph is the epitome of grace when faced with anger and revenge, we too can show grace, trust our Father and PRAY.
We have seen the power of prayer. Let’s not get complacent.
Please pray for:
- The innocent who are preyed on by scam artists.
- Pray for the unscrupulous who deliberately sabotage computers or burn buildings or deface walls or perpetrate ID theft.
- The future elections – we are not yet a stable country. Power game playing is still very evident.
- Please pray for the unrest in Syria.
- Give thanks for the many South Africans who achieved success at the Common wealth games.
- Pray that motorists will desist from using their cell phones while driving.
- Pray for the NPO’s to have access to necessary funding, help them to be creative in their approach and use of these resources, so that those who need their assistance receive it. May the recipients of these NPO’s also see themselves as participants in resolving their situations.
Think on this…
“Words cannot describe the ‘knowing’ that God is with us and neither can the presence ever be confused or misapprehended when once that visitation comes into one’s room. Oh, I might lay hold of it and live each moment in the realization of this ineffable presence and knowing. It’s in the silence and stillness that God comes. A vacuum is always needed for God to fill – no vacuum, no visitation! We must create a time of no-thing and then wait in stillness.” Norman Shawchuck, A Guide to Prayer For All Who Walk with God, Page 183.