Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
10 Unfailing love and truth have met together.
Righteousness and peace have kissed!
11 Truth springs up from the earth,
and righteousness smiles down from heaven.
12 Yes, the Lord pours down his blessings.
Our land will yield its bountiful harvest.
13 Righteousness goes as a herald before him,
preparing the way for his steps.
Please pray for:
- Continued prayer for President Cyril Ramaphosa – To seek God’s guidance daily as he steers our country, makes decisions, and roots out corruption.
- Pray for a stop to femicide and for those families who mourn the senseless loss of their daughters, mothers and grandmothers.
- Pray for those who perpetrate violent crimes and the loss of life that results. Pray for the families who have lost their loved ones through these callous acts of hatred and disregard for the other who stands in front of them.
- Pray for those who feel the need to abandon their babies and children – Lord you know their motivation for these actions and we pray for grace in their lives and the lives of these young people and children.
- Continue to pray for rain in the Cape – for the drought to break.
- Pray for our Circuit Pentecost Service on 20th – may many lives be touched through our witness.
- Pray for our Methodist Churches during Mission Month – may lives be changed and new life be sparked in those who serve and who are served by our churches.
- Pray for our Bishop and the District Executive as they prepare for Synod later in the month – my God’s Spirit guide the preparations and the hearts and minds of those attending that we may discern the mind of Christ in matters that affect our life together as church.
- Pray for the peace of Christ to guard our hearts and minds as people, community and nation.
Because of our God’s deep compassion,
the dawn from heaven will break upon us,
to give light to those who are sitting in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide us on the path of peace.” Luke 1:78-79