Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
Our theme this week is on issues of justice. Lord, there are so many issues and experiences of injustice, oppression and inequality. Help us as a congregation to look beyond ourselves to these issues; to respond in ways that bring freedom from bondage and oppression; may the floodgates of your mercy be like a healing balm to those who need it most. Let us pray for:
• Those who feel trapped in poverty, which often leads to choices that would not be the norm just to put food on the table and provide a roof over their heads.
• Our education system – decision makers at national and local government levels, educators and learners.
• Our police and security company personnel – that they would all work to ensure safety and security for all who call SA home.
• Communities to work together to root out crime, violence and corruption.
• The correct management of parastatals, especially the current crisis within Eskom, and the threat of strikes that could affect the whole country.
• The eradication of misconduct at SABC.
• The reduction in statistics of 31% of municipalities who are not financially viable.
• Those affected by sexual harassment in school by teachers.
• Give thanks for the repaired equipment at the Addington Oncology unit.
• Pray for free and fair elections in Zimbabwe on 30th July.
• Continue to pray for our leaders.
We pray for righteousness to be restored in our beloved country, work for all and hope for future generations.
“When the enemy comes with shame and blame, tell him to go measure the distance from East to West and get back to you – Louie Giglio”