Light a candle as a symbol of Christ’s presence in your midst.
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”
• All Christians in South Africa to be “salt” in our Country. Pray that every Christian hears God’s call to be obedient and trust Him no matter how small or insignificant they feel God’s call is.
• All Children in South Africa, where there is a great divide between rich and poor. Pray for children from wealthy and privileged homes to not view money as their God, to not be spiritually poor but to be humble and sensitive to others needs. To seek ways to help those less fortunate than them. Pray for children from poor homes to not despair, to look to God for provision, to hear God and follow him.
• Ongoing prayer against corruption, that more will be exposed, and our country will be able to heal and prosper.
• Continue to pray for the land issue, that it may be resolved as God requires, to enable us to move on as a Nation.
• Pray against racism, pray for acceptance of each other, and to see each other as all God’s children, loved equally by God.
“Love to pray. Feel often during the day the need for prayer, and take trouble to pray. Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God’s gift of himself. Ask and seek, and your heart will grow big enough to receive him and keep him as your own. [From A Gift for God by Mother Teresa]