Life Group Questions
Questions this week centre on the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives, a reminder that our bodies are alive not just with ordinary human life, but with the life of God himself. This is a gift from God!
Bible readings: 1 Corinthians 12: 1-7; John 14: 15-21
1. Is being filled with the Spirit a new experience, separate from becoming a Christian?
2. What in your opinion is evidence of a person who is filled with the Spirit?
3. How would you respond to a Christian who said to you “I don’t feel the Spirit in my life?”
4. Review the lists of spiritual gifts given in Romans 12: 6-8; 1 Corinthians 12: 1-7 and Ephesians 4: 11-13. Note that some Gifts are given by God, others by Jesus and different ones by the Holy Spirit.
5. Share what you believe (or know) your spiritual gift is. How and when do you know you’re exercising your Gift?
6. Do you concur with Ernie’s statement “we each have as much of the Holy Spirit as we want?” Motivate your answer by sharing your thoughts.
7. In what ways does our church give expression to the role of the Holy Spirit in ministry and service?