In a few short verses Paul challenges believers to consider how much their prayer life, actions and conversations are in line with the Christian commitment to share the good news with others.
Read Colossians 4: 2-6.
- What immediately stands out for you? Does anything in this passage particularly confuse you, encourage you or convict you?
- How would you describe your prayer life? E.g. intense, lukewarm, sporadic, frustrating, difficult …?
- How confident are you that God listens when you pray?
- What is the mystery of Christ? How would you explain it to somebody who is not a believer?
- Paul is in prison, yet his concern is primarily that the gospel of Christ be declared. How concerned are you that the mystery of Christ be proclaimed to those in need of Him? How are you able to do this?
- “Live wisely among those who are not believers” – verse 5, discuss what this means to you.