“In the morning Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.” Psalm 5 vrs 3
This week’s prayers –
• Pray for our youth and the violence taking place in schools among pupils and against teachers. Pray that this evil will be banished from our Country and discipline and respect restored.
• Pray that overseas investors will start to see South Africa as a good investment and that any cause for their hesitance be removed
• Continue to pray that all corruption will be removed from our land and respect for the law and other people will return.
• Pray against any evil plans to unsettle, or cause disruption in our country may be revealed before they even begin.
Life Group Questions
Questions this week centre on the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives, a reminder that our bodies are alive not just with ordinary human life, but with the life of God himself. This is a gift from God!
Bible readings: 1 Corinthians 12: 1-7; John 14: 15-21
1. Is being filled with the Spirit a new experience, separate from becoming a Christian?
2. What in your opinion is evidence of a person who is filled with the Spirit?
3. How would you respond to a Christian who said to you “I don’t feel the Spirit in my life?”
4. Review the lists of spiritual gifts given in Romans 12: 6-8; 1 Corinthians 12: 1-7 and Ephesians 4: 11-13. Note that some Gifts are given by God, others by Jesus and different ones by the Holy Spirit.
5. Share what you believe (or know) your spiritual gift is. How and when do you know you’re exercising your Gift?
6. Do you concur with Ernie’s statement “we each have as much of the Holy Spirit as we want?” Motivate your answer by sharing your thoughts.
7. In what ways does our church give expression to the role of the Holy Spirit in ministry and service?
“For by Him, all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities, all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.” Colossians 11 Vrs 16 – 17
This week’s prayers –
• Pray for people hurt in road accidents, due to bad driving and recklessness. Pray for better law enforcement on our roads
• Continue to pray for our economy, for a miraculous turnaround and an attitude of hope in South Africans
• Continue to pray for wisdom over the land issue
• Pray against further fuel hikes
• Pray against racism and a new determination for our population to embrace each other and work together to build an undivided South Africa
THEHARVEST OF THE SPIRIT
GALATIANS 5:16-25; 6:6-10
1. What are the fruits of the Spirit [Galatians 5:22] that you would most like to see in your own
life at this time?
2. What are the kinds of things that get in the way and prevent these fruits from growing in our lives?
3. How have you seen the Bible’s principle of ‘a man reaps what he sows’ [Galatians 6:7] work itself out in your life or other people’s lives?
4. We have these two fields in our lives, the field of our ‘sinful nature’ and the field of ‘the Spirit’. They exist together in us. What does Paul mean when he talks about sowing into these fields?
5. How do we ‘walk by the Spirit’? [Galatians 5:16]
6. What are the ‘works of the flesh’ [Galatians 5:19-21] that we see the most in our lives, church and community these days? Can you add any?
7. So, what is the way of Christian victory in our daily lives?